HTSS: Day Six, Sitting Still

5:56pm "Hail, Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb."

My nails are done, my hair is up, the flowers are here, the champagne is in the fridge. The cake is on order to be delivered tomorrow. I've practiced my shoes. I have a new dress, my husband's suit is cleaned. We've chosen the passages from the Song of Songs that we want to read. And we have our new rings, custom-made by one of the jewelers whom we met at the local art fair this past June. I have a mystery novel (with corgi!) to keep me company this evening. Now all I have to do is figure out some way to sleep sitting up tonight.

Brides are supposed to be nervous on the night before their wedding, right? Oh, I could do with a cigarette.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Be God-Right

Gut Reaction

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics