January Blues

That's it, I've had it.

I'm sick of hat hair.

I'm sick of the cold (and it's getting colder, down to -2 F tonight according to the Weather Channel).

I'm sick of spending our walks to and from campus worrying about whether the Dragon Baby is going to pull me over on the ice as she lunges at that next car or squirrel.

I'm sick of being sick (flu day seven and counting, albeit mainly now just fatigue and funny voice).

I'm sick of the work that January always brings, making decisions that may or may not have the effect that I hope or intend.

I'm sick of missing fencing practice thanks to being sick and/or the weather.

I'm sick of feeling like I'm behind before the term is even half over.

I'm sick of not knowing what I really want to do.  Or, at least, not allowing myself to acknowledge what that is.

On the bright side, if all goes well tomorrow morning, I may never have to wear glasses to see at a distance again.  Yes, you could say I'm terrified. 

What will the world look like when I can see for miles and miles without glasses?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Reaction

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics

How to Be God-Right

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version