Meditation for Ash Wednesday

God loves me even more than I love my dog.
He delights in me and thinks I am beautiful.
He wants nothing more than that I should be happy.
He cares for me so much that he was even willing to die for me.
His love for me is all-consuming, even as it is bittersweet, because he knows that someday, I will die, too.
Every minute that he is with me is precious to him, and he hates when I do not love myself as much as he loves me.
My worst sin is that I do not believe he loves me this much.
My second worst is that I do not see how he possibly could.
 
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gut Reaction

How to Be God-Right

The Sworn Book of Professor Peterson

Medieval History 101: The Unauthorized Version

Hot Button Issues, No. 4: Talking Politics